Fatty Deposits On Eyelids – The prominent spots on the eyelids or the undersides of your eyes are a sign of cholesterol buildup. It usually appears under the canthus, exactly on the upper eyelid. These health symptoms are known as xanthelasma.
Because this form of cholesterol buildup, then the main cause is the excess bad cholesterol in the body. However, this factor is only a habit because it can also occur cholesterol bumps resulting from genetic factors, diabetes, or caused by liver disease. Those with high levels of bad cholesterol, liver and diabetes are at greatest risk for xanthelasma. In general, the disease appears in those aged between 40-60 years.
Strange, this disease does not give you pain or itching, but if the growth is large, it can block your view. However, untreated xanthelasma can be a threat to future coronary artery disease. And there are studies that reveal that the main factors of coronary arteries are smoking, diabetes, dyslipedimia, high blood pressure, and central obesity. If you want to do treatment, then do not do surgery because it is close to the eye, it is feared to interfere with your eyes. So, surgery is not a viable way to go. However, there is another alternative that is laser, but this type of treatment can also leave scar tissue.
Read also: How to Get Perky Breast
The important thing to know before going through treatment is to know the cause. If xanthelasma is caused by koelsterol then its treatment is only by lowering the amount of cholesterol in the body.
Treating xanthelasma is not only done in modern, but also can be done traditionally. Home remedies can also minimize lumps and even eliminate them. Here are some powerful home-based herbs overcome xanthelasma or Fatty Deposits On Eyelids.
Ways on How to Get Rid of Fatty Deposits On Eyelids
1. Using Garlic
Garlic is famous for its long-time efficacy. One of the health problems that can be overcome by garlic is xanthelasma. Garlic contains enzymes that can flatten the surface of the lump, besides garlic is also useful to eliminate bad cholesterol (LDL) in the body.
Destroy some garlic cloves until they become paste, then place them liver on infected skin, cover with gauze to keep the garlic extract out of the eye. Let stand for 10-15 minutes then rinse with warm water. Repeat every day up to several days.
Another alternative is to get used to consuming garlic every day when the stomach is empty.
If you use garlic on the skin, do not use it too long because it can burn the skin and injure it.
2. Using castor oil
Effective cast oil treats lumps due to excess cholesterol. The accumulation of cholesterol in eyelid will also be removed by ricinoleic acid in castor oil. Here’s how to do maintenance using castor oil.
- Soak cotton ball with castor oil,
- Apply on the area affected by xanthelasma, close your eyes when you apply it
- Gently massage for a few minutes, if possible you can stick a cotton ball with bandages in the infected area.
- Let stand for the night, when the morning clean with warm water
- Repeat this herb every day so the results are satisfactory
3. Apple vinegar to treat Fatty Deposits On Eyelids
If the xanthelasma bump comes from excess cholesterol, apple cider vinegar is very important to you. Vinegar can lower LDL or bad cholesterol by melting it, and help the liver to remove toxins in the body.
- Acetic acid in it is corrosive and this can remove the lump deposits in eyelid.
- How to treat xanthelasma with apple vinegar is as follows:
- Grab a cotton ball and soak in apple vinegar, apply it to the affected area
- Use a bandage to hold the cotton ball to stay in position
- Wait two hours, then rinse with warm water, repeat several times
- You can also do the treatment by mixing a tablespoon of raw apple cider vinegar, and a little honey in a glass of warm water. Drink twice a day.
Warning: If your skin is sensitive, it is advisable to interfere with apple vinegar with water first.
4. Fenugreek Seeds
Cholesterol deposits can also be compared with fenugreek seeds. This seed is magical in lowering excessive cholesterol. So you can use fenugreek as a medicine if fat deposits are caused by excess bad cholesterol.
Soak two tablespoons of fenugreek seeds in a glass for the night. Drink this water tomorrow morning when the stomach is empty. This water works to lower the level of bad cholesterol in the body. Repeat several times a day.
5. Using banana peel
There is an easy and safe way to treat lumps due to fat deposits in the eyelids. It is a banana skin, an enzyme and an antioxidant in the banana skin is very effective. Follow the following ways.
- Cut ripe banana peel
- Place the inside of the banana skin on cholesterol deposits
- Use bandages to hold banana peels for the night
- The next day, remove the banana skin and wipe it with warm water
- Repeat daily until the lump disappears.