Gingivitis Treatment At Home – Gingivitis is a very painful health problem. When an infection of the gums stops and the activity is quite exhausting. One effective way of treating gingivitis or gingivitis is to use home remedies.
Gingivitis is due to plaque formation, so it is important to take care of your teeth and gums before plaque builds up. Cleaning your teeth with regular frequency may be an option and brush your teeth with flossing.
If plaque is already formed on the teeth, of course gum inflammation has begun to appear on your gums. In this article we will discuss how to treat gum inflammation using natural remedies. Although this is a natural remedy, you still should not swallow it. Always use high-quality medicines in medicine and store medicines in a safe, cool place if your area is warm.
The home remedies we provide below are safe to use. However, if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or having other health problems should seek advice from a doctor. One more thing, if your gingivitis continues to deteriorate and improve after using this home remedy, consult your doctor immediately. The problem of gingivitis is not a trivial matter, if not treated seriously, it can cause more serious problems.
Before we see how to treat gingivitis from home, let’s see how to avoid gingivitis.
Several Ways to Prevent Gingivitis
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day, if possible always brush your teeth after eating
- Use an electric toothbrush to get optimal cleaning
- Make sure your toothbrush has soft feathers
- Replace toothbrush every three months
- Floss every day
- Using natural mouthwash
- Visit the dentist once a year
- Limit consume sugar
Now, we see the explanation detail about how to treat gingivitis naturally by using home remedies.
1. Treating gingivitis by using salt
Based on research in 2016, treatment of gingivitis is effectively done by using a salt water solution. Salt is a natural disinfectant material that is great for the health of the body in treating itself. Thus, the use of salt water is able to offer the pain of gingivitis.
Benefits of salt water solution:
- Good for soothing swollen gums
- Soothing pain
- Able to fight bacteria
- Throw away food particles, and
- Eliminates bad breath.
How to make a gingivitis medicine with salt solution:
- Add 1/2 to 3/4 of salt tea into a glass of warm water, stirring until dissolved
- Then enter into the mouth for 30 seconds
- Spit on the water
- Repeat the treatment up to three times a day
Caution: Too long to use salt water as a mouthwash can damage tooth enamel. If using in the long term can damage your teeth because of the acid in the salt.
2. Lemongrass oil mouthwash
A study in 2015 says that citronella oil is better for treating gingivitis compared with chlorhexifdin mouthwash in reducing plaque and gingivitis.
Also read: How to Get Rid of an Ingrown Hair
How to make a lemongrass mouthwash
- Dissolve two to three drops of lemongrass oil with a glass of warm water
- Put the water into the mouth for 30 minutes
- After 30 minutes, spit the solution
- Repeat this treatment up to 3 times a day
In general, lemongrass is safe to use and even powerful for treating gingivitis. Always start with a very dilute mixture, this is to prevent further irritation.
3. Aloe Vera mouthwash
A 2016 study of aloe vera shows that it is great for treating gingivitis. Aloe Vera is an effective chlorhexidine to reduce plaque.
Aloe vera is different from other mouthwash, aloe vera juice safe to use and does not need dilute. Make sure the aloe vera juice is 100% authentic (not a mixture).
How to use Aloe Vera to treat gingivitis
- Put aloe vera juice into the mouth for 30 minutes
- Then spit the solution
- Repeat the use up to three times a day
If you buy aloe vera, then always buy it from a reliable source, and have a good reputation. Do not forget to read the label before using it.
Note: if you have an allergy to Aloe Vera you should not use this treatment.
Also see: How to lose weight your arms
4. Using cloves to treat gingivitis
Some studies have found that cloves contain certain substances that can treat gingivitis. So, cloves are a high spice anti virus and antioxidants, even they can also treat and relieve pain.
How to Use Cloves as a Gingivitis Drug
- Mince clove as much as one teaspoon
- Then, dip the cotton ball into the clove
- Rub the cotton ball into your gums
- Leave the cotton ball on your gums for a few minutes
- Then, spittle the clove water
Note: it is not good to use cloves for long periods of time.